ss_blog_claim=e3d7b6bda475a7cffec5d1b03c1cfbc3
Stories to entertain. Stories to educate. Stories to delight young and old. Stories to share with loved ones. Here is a collection short stories and poems. They are meant to entertain and delight children of all ages. Their educational value is an asset for primary school teachers in the pedagogical aspect of their lesson preparation. They will offer parents and grandparents an opportunity to share precious moments with their loved ones.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Rabbit or a Hare



This morning I saw a rabbit underneath my window.
He was hopping from shrub to shrub with great precaution
I guess he feared for his safety…. It was dog walking time!
I watched as he did his morning rounds. I kept hoping no dog or cat would disturb his outing.
It was a brown rabbit. My Daddy told me it was a hare… a wild rabbit.
These cute little furry animals live in the woods or near civilization , but are not household pets.
In wintertime, my Daddy said, these hares change from brown to white.








BUT! I replied, it’s wintertime now.
OOPS … Since we are in Florida and not in Canada or Northern USA, I guess that rule does not apply.
Soon it will be Easter. The time of the year when white rabbits are very popular.













I feel special this time… I have a little brown bunny who visits me every morning during my holiday in Florida.
It is now asleep underneath a shrub. I will keep watch over it from afar. MY NEW FRIEND.






No comments: